World Water Day 2023
World Water Day, celebrated every year on March 22, in 2023 is about accelerating change to address water crisis. With the slogan „Be the change you want to see in the world“, the role of each individual in water resources protection, preservation and sustainable management is highlighted.
ISRBC supporting the United Nations Water Action Agenda, to be launched on the UN Water Conference 2023, March 22-24, 2023, submitted the commitment Advanced system for floods and low flow forecasting in the transboundary Sava River Basin, which will significantly impact the steps toward the achievement of the:
- SDG6.: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- SDG11: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- SDG13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- SDG16: Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
- SDG17: Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development
Besides, commitment of the ISRBC will create possibilities for knowledge, information and experience transfer among wider or different regions, for integration within the framework of macro-regional strategies and dissemination of the lessons learned with other international basins.
The commitment of the ISRBC, #SDGActions50354 can be found on the UN web site: