Integrated water management
Following the provision of FASRB, the Parties agreed to cooperate on integrated management of surface and ground water resources in the Sava River Basin in a sustainable manner, that shall provide:
- Water in sufficient quantity and of appropriate quality for the preservation, protection and improvement of aquatic eco-systems (including flora and fauna and eco-systems of natural ponds and wetlands);
- Water in sufficient quantity and of appropriate quality for navigation and other kinds of use/utilization;
- Protection against detrimental effects of water (flooding, excessive groundwater, erosion and ice hazards);
- Resolution of conflicts of interest caused by different uses and utilizations; and
- Effective control of the water regime.